Discover more from 🍐 🍯 Stirring the Senses 🍯 🍐
🍁 🌗 An Autumn Equinox Playlist 🍂 🌗
Plus a Mabon Celebration Ritual and a Scrumptious Mulled Wine Recipe to enjoy throughout the Season!
As the days grow shorter and the leaves begin to paint the world in hues of red, orange, and gold, it's time to celebrate the bountiful season of autumn and the beautiful autumnal equinox. This Mabon playlist and the recipe and ritual below has been carefully curated to capture the essence of this magical time of year.
Step into a world where the air is crisp, and the scent of cinnamon and cloves lingers. This playlist is a tapestry of songs that evoke the cozy warmth of sweaters, the comfort of hot apple cider, and the beauty of falling leaves. It’s moody at times and very evocative. Whether you're preparing a Mabon feast, decorating your altar, or simply enjoying the splendor of the season, these songs will be your perfect accompaniment.
This playlist offers a blend of genres and emotions. You'll find enchanting melodies, soulful lyrics, and a touch of magic that captures the essence of Mabon - a time to give thanks for the Earth's gifts and reflect on the balance of light and dark.
So, light a candle, pour a glass of mulled wine, and immerse yourself in the enchanting melodies of our Mabon playlist. Let the music transport you to a world where the harvest is plentiful, and the spirit of autumn fills your heart with gratitude and wonder.
Mulled wine is a delightful and warming beverage, perfect for the autumn and winter months. Here's an easy recipe of mine that I hope you’ll enjoy:
- 1 bottle (750 ml) of red wine (choose a medium-bodied red wine like Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
-1 cup of sour cherries - frozen is just fine
- 8-10 whole cloves
-5 Star Anise pods
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 cup of brandy (optional, for an extra kick)
- Orange or lemon zest for garnish (optional)
1. Pour the red wine into a large pot or saucepan.
2. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves. You can adjust the sugar to your taste, adding more if you prefer a sweeter mulled wine.
3. Place the orange and lemon slices, cherries, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise (, and nutmeg (if using) into the pot with the wine and sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Heat the mixture over low to medium heat, but be careful not to boil it. Simmer gently for about 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. The aroma will be incredible!
5. If you're using brandy, add it to the pot just before serving and stir to incorporate.
6. Once the mulled wine is heated and infused with the spices, remove it from the heat.
7. Use a ladle to pour the mulled wine into mugs or heatproof glasses. You can use a fine mesh strainer to catch any spices if desired.
8. Garnish with a twist of orange or lemon zest if you like, and serve immediately while it's still warm.
Enjoy your homemade mulled wine as a cozy and comforting treat during the autumn and winter seasons. It's perfect for gatherings or simply for sipping by the fireplace!
🍁 Autumn Equinox Ritual 🍁
As the autumn equinox approaches, prepare to embark on a serene and soulful journey, harmonizing with the energies of this magical season. Set the stage for this sacred moment by dimming the lights and adorning your space with symbols of the harvest - a sheaf of wheat, fallen leaves, or acorns.
🕯️ Light the Candle : Begin by lighting a single candle, symbolizing the balance between light and darkness during this equinox. Let its flickering flame guide you into the realm of magic and transformation.
🍷 Pour the Mulled Wine: Fill a chalice you love with the warm mulled wine, fragrant with spices and the essence of the season. As you sip, close your eyes and feel the cozy embrace of autumn and the warmth it brings to your heart and soul.
🎶 Enchanting Melodies: Play this specially curated Autumn Equinox playlist, allowing the enchanting melodies to wash over you. Close your eyes and let the music transport you to a world where the Earth's bounty is celebrated, and gratitude fills your spirit.
🌾 Reflection and Gratitude: As you listen to the music, take moments to reflect on the blessings of the past season and the intentions you hold for the one ahead. Feel the balance of light and dark within yourself and in the world around you.
🍂 Make a Harvest Offering: If you have harvested anything from your garden or have a symbol of the season, offer it as a token of gratitude to the Earth. Express your thanks for the abundance provided by the land and the quiet changing of the seasons. You can place this on a harvest altar or table you’ve created,in a basket or outside in your garden.
🌗 Equinox Blessing: Finally, offer a heartfelt blessing for the autumn equinox, honoring the equilibrium of day and night. Feel the energies of balance and harmony infuse your space, connecting you to the cycles of nature.
Take your time in this sacred space, allowing the music and the moment to fill you with a sense of wonder and reverence for the autumn equinox. When you are ready, extinguish the candle, knowing that the balance of light and dark will continue to guide you through the changing seasons of life. 🌗🍂🎶
Please feel free to share this post with your friends. No subscription is required to read the post in its entirety and your support is so very much appreciated.